1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Billed for SuperFan ??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by cbearnm, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbearnm

cbearnm Legend

Sep 6, 2006
    I just checked my online statement and noticed that they slipped a $33 SuperFan payment in there. For the previous 4 statements, it was there as a zero dollar item, then pops in yesterday.

I called during the draft and was told it would be free. They told me to check my statement after May 9th, which I did and it said zero dollars.

I had to get transferred to another CSR, who seemed to know Sunday Ticket after the first one thought I just wanted to cancel it. She at least understood what I was asking and said that she couldn't change the charge, but would credit my account $99 to offset it. It took 10 minutes of her checking a couple of different things, but she did get it corrected.

Check your statements, folks.

2. Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2005
    I checked mine this AM and it was fine I have 1 more payment on the ST and it is done and SF better not show up.

3. cbearnm

cbearnm Legend

Sep 6, 2006
    I just noticed the thread in the General discussion area, seems like it is happening to a few of us 'lucky' guys.
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=94563
    But will leave mine here, because it's more about programming. ;)

4. spidey

spidey Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    I just got my bill as well and shocked to see th 33$ charge, time to call the CSRs, damn I hate going through this drill

5. toph

toph Math Wiz

Dec 19, 2006
    No bill here, but SF still doesn't show up on my account. I've called a half-dozen times since May 9 and keep getting told free SF will show up blah blah blah. It's a waste of everyone's time.

6. spidey

spidey Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    yup for a while it showed up as NFL ST HD and it was free now its 99$ for this valuable package

7. luckydob

luckydob Godfather

Oct 1, 2006
    I am being billed for it...and YES you need SF for ST HD...here is my online programming summary:
    NFL SUNDAY TICKET $45.80 / Early Renewal in 5 Payments
    NFL SUNDAY TICKET Superfan $33.00 / Early Renewal in 3 Payments
    We appreciate your loyalty. $0.00 / Enjoy our special offer.
    Sunday Ticket HD $0.00 / included with NFL SuperFan

8. sarfdawg

sarfdawg Legend

Jan 21, 2007
    Same here...I got the $33 charge. I emailed them and called them, and they both said the same thing...that I ordered on MAY 30TH!!! I did the same deal you all did, in that I got the NFL Draft Weekend Special that you did which was at the end of April. I moaned and complained, and they gave it to me for free, but yes -- definitely check the bill.

9. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    I keep checking every day. So far it hasn't appeared. But I'll keep an eye out.

10. sarfdawg

sarfdawg Legend

Jan 21, 2007
    "Thanks for writing us about the NFL SuperFan charge in your account. I see you've been with DIRECTV since 2000, and I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your continued loyalty. I'm sorry for the confusion this may have caused. I've carefully checked on our records and found that you activated the NFL Sunday Ticket on 04/27/017. As a reminder, a promotional e-mail was sent out to customers whose eligible to receive the NFL Draft Offer – Free SuperFan. This is a special promotion for a targeted customer group only. I'm regret to inform you that you're not eligible for the offer for you wasn't able to receive the promotional e-mail."

This was the reply I got when I asked over email about $33 charge I got on my last bill. I was never told originally that I need to receive the email, nor was there any mention of it last week when the rep told me he was going to have the charge removed. This may actually be the straw that breaks the camel's back on my subscribing to Sunday Ticket. $300 is a tad too much, in my opinion and in my budget.

On a side note, I'm a little surprised that the grammatical nightmare that is this email, particularly the last sentence. They are usually much better than this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.