1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Getting Directv again.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by CarolinaGuy79, Nov 17, 2012.

1. CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79 Legend

Sep 9, 2009
    About 6 months ago I got laid off of work and thet effect me with Directv so I couldn't pay so they ended up turning me off ok well since then I got married and whwn she moved in about a month ago we have not had TV so getting tired of no tv she went online this morning and order Directv and got approved... I just want to make sure that since i owe Directv Money it won't effect her getting it in her name? they are suppose to come Monday to install it.

2. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    Are you still living at the same address that had the service?

I think the same address+last name may get picked up by the system..
    More then most likely the tech will get out there>install the whole thing > call to activate> Then say "uh oh".

Save him and yourself the trouble, when he gets there have him call in and check to see if it can even be turned on :)

3. CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79 Legend

Sep 9, 2009
    Its the same address however she used her maiden name.

4. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    Good stuff. I think it may just work :p

5. CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79 Legend

Sep 9, 2009
    Yeah she has to work Monday so when the installer comes I will be here so I hoping that doesnt effect it either LOL

6. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Good luck! Worse thing that can happen is they say no when he tries to activate but if they didn't catch it by now you'll probably be fine.

7. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Don't forget to go back and pay your old bill off so you don't have future credit issues.