1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

getting ESPNU without having to get the sports pack?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ARKDTVfan, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARKDTVfan

ARKDTVfan Icon

May 19, 2003
    is there any little known constumer retention offer they can give me for say $2 per month just for ESPNU
    I want to get that without paying to rediculous $12 monthly price:rolleyes:

2. morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    Doubt it, but that would be nice.

3. AnonomissX

AnonomissX Godfather

Jun 29, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    Call and say you would like to sign up for the "Sports Pack" premium, but you heard other people got some for free...see if they will give you the $10 off for 6 months deal. That would make it $2 or less per month for those 6 months.

Hope that helps.

NOTE: oops, posted it as 56 instead of 6 months at first....silly me :D

4. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...
    You can get this channel in DISH's AT180 package.

5. FavreJL04

FavreJL04 Legend

Feb 4, 2006
    They gave me the 10 bucks off for 6 month deal on the sportspack. I kept it for the minimum one month and cancelled when I learned what sports blackouts REALLY were.

6. GeorgeLV

GeorgeLV Godfather

Jan 1, 2006
    You can't be serious.

Why would anyone pay hundreds of bucks for Extra Innings, League Pass, Center Ice, etc. if a $12/month subscription got them everything.

7. FavreJL04

FavreJL04 Legend

Feb 4, 2006
    Yeah, it was a learning experience for me. I never had satellite until March of this year. I have always had cable or OTA so blackouts were never something that happened to me. I did wonder why it was 12 bucks a month for all the RSNs when the package prices are as much as they are. I just figured a channel is a channel and if I pay for the pack I will get everything that is on all of those channels. Ah well, now I know.

8. agreer

agreer Godfather

Apr 7, 2006
    This happens on Cable at some point if you live in a major market: if ESPN, for example, is showing a MLB game that is availible on a local RSN or over the air, you most likely didnt see it on ESPN (or ESPN HD, that one is a thorne in the side of many) unless your cable company served areas that were allowed to see it off of the same head end, if that happened, you are lucky.

9. RobJulo

RobJulo Banned User

Jun 18, 2006
    I had a call last night from Directv trying to sell me the sports package (second call this week). The woman started by telling me I could get all the pro baseball, football and basketball games for only $12 a month.

I explained to her that was not possible, that NFL wasn't on the RSNs and both baseball and basketball are blacked out except your local RSN. She got mad, argued they were all available at which point I just hung up.

I can only imagine the new satellite subscriber, not knowing any better, getting sold on the same thing.

10. TylerWM94

TylerWM94 Cool Member

Feb 14, 2006
    I've had the Sports Pack for years now at $10 a month (I guess it was grandfathered from an earlier price or something). I called a made a programming change to my account earlier and they accidentally deleted the Sports Pack from my account. When I called to have them add it back, it went to the normal $12 a month price. I called to complain and they said there was nothing they could do about it. Then, the CSR put me on hold and said he could do the $2 a month for 6 months on the Sports Pack. That's even better than what I was asking for. I'll save $48 for those 6 months which will pay for an extra 2 years of paying $12 instead of $10 a month. I'll take it.

11. FavreJL04

FavreJL04 Legend

Feb 4, 2006

That $2 a month plan must be their most famous plan or something. I had that for a month but didn't really watch anything so I cancelled it. There isn't much difference in the programming of each RSN since all the stuff that really matters is blacked out anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.