1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Getting Replacement DVR

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Ed_Roch, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Ed_Roch

Ed_Roch Mentor

Nov 13, 2004
    Been having problems with my Genie DVR, have had prior serive call, still having issues with pixulation, been escalated up to a case manager, scheduled a second service call for this coming weekend. After talking with case manager, his opinion is good chance the issue is the processer and will end up with a new DVR, will see for certain when tech gets here.

So what my question is, if I get a new DVR, is there any way to copy all existing programs and recording list, setting, etc to a flash drive or something so not all lost then download back to new one. I asked DTV this question was told no due to copyright issues, but am wondering if there's a back door method, but they can't or won't tell me how to do it??

2. texasbrit

texasbrit DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 9, 2006
    No, it can't be done. sorry there is no "backdoor method".

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Nothing can some now, though if you had been using an external drive, series links etc would be saved. Recordings would not be playable however.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app