1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Smart Card error

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Donp, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Donp

Donp Legend

May 2, 2006
    I Have a 811 reciever and for the past three weeks when I change from watching an OTA channel to either 119 or 110 in some instances I get a message that my "Smart Card is not authorized to recieve this program". Rebooting the receiver will correct this and sometimes if I leave the channel hp that is getting the "error' the error goes away. The is annoying and I want to know if there is any software fix that can be done. or if there is any other fix for this.

2. igot2gonow

igot2gonow New Member

Aug 18, 2007
    If you are getting 005 013 or 014 error code, call dish now, they are open. Normally they can send a hit to reauthorize the smart card to the rcvr. Then go to channel 101 and then back to the problem channel. If that doesnt fix it, do a switch test and reset the receiver. If that doesnt fix it, then you need a replacement receiver.

3. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    I am having the same problem with my 721 receiver. I called Dish and they said to do a check switch. I did and everything was fine. The next time I did a check switch and it took care of it again. It sure is annoying.

4. Donp

Donp Legend

May 2, 2006
    I have had this before and a check switch does fix it for a while, several months at a time. It will probably come back though as it has done in the past.

5. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    Dish finally replaced my 721 because they said it was a card reader problem. The replacement 721 worked fine for 2 days and then it started showing the 005 message. Called Dish and they had to reauthorize the card. That was last night. Will wait and see how long that lasts.