1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting updates

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Johnboat, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnboat

Johnboat AllStar

Nov 25, 2006
    Hey guys I got the HR20 and I assumed it just downloaded the updates at night but I looked at my system info and it said last update on 11/24/06. Hasn't there been an update since then? If so how do you download the updates?

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    What software version does your system say it have.

3. Johnboat

Johnboat AllStar

Nov 25, 2006
    I won't be able to see till I get home from work after 5 EST. I'll let you know.

4. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    If you updated on 11/24 and you're in western Michigan, you probably have 0xFA like most of the rest of us.

5. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    There is an update in the pipe (sounds like 11/24 would have ben the latest you should have received) but it is being rolled out from West coast to East coast just within the last few days (not on weekends, as I understand it). You will most likely get it this week or next, depending on how quickly they roll it.

6. Johnboat

Johnboat AllStar

Nov 25, 2006
  7. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
  8. glennb

glennb Hall Of Fame

Sep 21, 2006
    There's nothing you can do to get the updates any faster.

9. Johnboat

Johnboat AllStar

Nov 25, 2006
    Oh thats fine. I just thought it was out.

10. DaNutz

DaNutz New Member

Dec 11, 2006
    I can't record any programing. Directv told me I have to wait for the update to come. That sounds a little fishy.... Is there a way to manually receive any updates in the stream for the HR20-700s?

11. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    In that post you'll see this:

Extended Staggered Rollout: Small subset of users first (mostly Pacific Timezone), then a gradual increaes of the user base. primarily by timezones. Being that this is such a large release, it make take several days for everyone to receive the update. Please don't ask why you don't have the update, unless you see an update that the release has gone national; and you don't have the release yet.

;)

12. Bad Rex

Bad Rex Legend

Sep 25, 2006
    What happens when you try to record?

What is the most recent update on your HR20?
    Press MENU then Select Help & Settings -> Info (or System Info or the like)

13. DaNutz

DaNutz New Member

Dec 11, 2006
    I have original version OxBE and current version OxFA. It won't allow me to record anything.

14. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    DaNutz,
    Dats poppycock. You don't need a software update to record. Have you tried a red button reset of the receiver? Is it brand new? Are u new to this receiver? Give us some info and we'll see what we can do.

15. DaNutz

DaNutz New Member

Dec 11, 2006
    The receiver is brand new and I have not tried a red button reset yet. I've searched the posts but I can't find how to do one.

16. Canis Lupus

Oct 16, 2006
    On the lower right front of the receiver, there's a door that opens and contains your access card. To the left is the red button. Push that and the receiver will reboot (you will lose guide data for up to 12 hours after the reboot so don't panic).

When the box comes back up, try recording again. (will take about 7-10 minutes for the reboot). If you're using an HDMI cable for connection, be aware you might (might) have problems with that connection during or after reboot. Let us know what happens.

17. JSlabotsky

JSlabotsky Cool Member

Dec 11, 2006
    When mine was first installed they had to re-send the activation codes so that I could record and recieve my locals. I guess a reset might have done the trick, but I hadn't discovered this forum yet. ;-)

18. Canis Lupus

Oct 16, 2006
    That's always a possibility as well. But it takes longer on hold with D* then it does to try a reset first :)

19. PoitNarf

PoitNarf New Member

Aug 19, 2006
    I have seen several other posts here about similar problems. Sometimes the signal they send down to activate the DVR capabilities of the box just don't come.

DaNutz, call D* and have them send all the activation stuff to your HR20 again.

20. DishDog

DishDog ke6cdn

Nov 10, 2006
    San Diego Area
    DaNutz,

Are you able to view ALL your channels?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.