1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

GG OOH Cell Streaming

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by compnurd, Jan 12, 2014.

1. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Maybe I missed it... But is it correct I am not stream to the iphone app... but You can with the android app?

2. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Don't know about Drioid but yep, no cellular streaming with the IOS app, only WiFi.

3. gpg

gpg DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    Android app allows cell streaming.

4. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I've only been able to stream via cellular when out of home. For some reason, when I am on wifi, it says I don't have OOH. I am hoping someone has an idea why this is?

1 person likes this.
  5. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Some public wifi

I think some public wifi networks block the ports needed for OOH. E.g., I can't use OOH at two major NY hospitals, even though I usually get ~ 8-10mbps guest access.

6. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I was able to test it at 2 different hotels in 2 different states, and neither worked. But I haven't tested it anywhere else yet.

7. gpg

gpg DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    I've had mixed results on ooh wifi in public areas. I couldn't get it to work at one fast food place, but had no trouble at another. It even worked at one department store that offered wifi access.

8. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Waiting for my sone to

I see you're in LI, gpg. I have cablevision internet here in Westchester, and while waiting to pick up my grandson at school a little while ago, I was connected to the public optonline network blanketing the area and had no issues streaming to my iPhone at about 4mbps download. While waiting at the hospital tomorrow, I'm sure I'll be getting at least 8mbps down and I won't be able to stream. I happen to know they use Verizon Business services to provision their "visitor" wifi network, which must be fire-walled in such a way that GG OOH can't get through.