1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghadaffi's dead son just sent me an email!

Discussion in 'The OT' started by TBlazer07, May 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    Should I help him (even though he is dead and seems to be living in Japan)?

I must get 12 of these email every day. I've actually started communicating with some of these folks. Actually it's fun.

-----Original Message-----
    From: Saif Al Islam Ghadaffi [mailto:saalg020@yahoo.co.jp]
    Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:44 AM
    Subject: Urgent Assistance.

My names are Saif Al Islam Ghadaffi, the son of the present president of Libya.

I am contacting for an urgent assistance. As you can read and see in the media, my family is presently undergoing tough time in the hand of the masses due to his long stay in power as the president of Libya for over 40 years now. Although there is no way you can satisfy human being, my father has done so many things to better the life of our people and unfortunately they never appreciated his effort.

Please read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1208434/Gaddafi-son-buys-10m-Hampstead-mansion.html

The International community has reached a resolution for immediate seizure of our assets both in US and the UK.

I want to request your humble assistance to receive a total sum of $45.5 million US dollars which we have succeeded in moving the cash to an undisclosed Area.
    You will receive this fund directly and keep it safe while I shall come down to meet you or send a trusted friend for necessary investment as may be suggested by you.

You should kindly let me know your percentage as we will be ready to share whatever percentage for your assistance.

Please reach me on my private email address: saalg02@yahoo.co.jp

Regards.
    Saif Al Islam Ghadaffi

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    !rolling

They get better and better...

- Merg

3. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    I'm still waiting for the first confirmed report of someone suckering for an unsolicited e-mail claiming that the sender had millions coming and just needed an agent of some sort to assist him in completing the transaction. I have, however, confirmed that at least two United States lawyers succumber to six figure scams in which some foreigener suckered the law firm into receiving a foreign bank check and then forwarded an agreed upon sum to the foreigener, only to learn that the bank that the check was drawn on had legal recourse against the law firm, which it enforced successfully in each instance.

4. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    People fall for it all the time. NBCs Chris Hansen even did a special on it to catch the scammers. They spoke with a few who fell for it before the investigation.

5. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    You did tell him that you wanted 100%, yes?

6. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    hogwash .. some people may fall for it some of the time, but unless "all the time" equates to a very tiny percentage I don't believe it. I've never met anyone that has fallen for these messages (that I know of) and I've seen them for years.

7. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Figure of speech - I didn't mean literally "all the time." I knew 2 people who fell for the similar "Secret Shopper" scam...they felt real stupid afterwards.

8. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    While not everyone, the NBC Chris Hansen show was fairly informative on how "normal people" can get suckered.
    Some of these are blatant, while others are very subtle.

In one case a woman deposited a check and asked the bank when it would clear, as she had her doubts. She waited until the bank told her the funds had cleared, and then wrote a check. The "cleared check" turned out to be a fake check, so the bank it was drawn on reversed the payment 30 days later. Since she had written her own check, her bank held her accountable.

9. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    Some funny stuff about these types of scams and people that egg these guys on for entertainment value.

http://www.419eater.com/

10. HDJulie

HDJulie Icon DBSTalk Club

Aug 10, 2008
    How could the check have cleared if it was a fake check? What exactly does "cleared" mean, then?

11. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    I see you've found "the glitch".
    Checks "clear" electronically. This means the routing numbers and account numbers are valid, along with the account have sufficient funds.
    Now when the account holder receives their statement, they question the check and are able to prove they didn't sign/authorize it. The bank then reverses the payment to the bank where it was deposited. The account holder of this bank has the funds deducted, so any checks that have written are now overdrafts.
    To add to the confusion, all checks come from and go to third party addresses in the US, that then [unknowing of the scam] forward these checks to offshore banks.

12. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Good explanation, one niggle: There don't have to be overdrafts in this scam situation, but the person who wrote the check is still screwed!

13. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    Call it what you may, the person that wrote the "real check" is on the hook for it. ;)

14. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    I don't want to take advantage of the poor dead Gaddaffy, Quadaffyy, Kadahffy guy or however you spell his name. I'll settle for 10%.

15. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    But will he wait six-eight weeks before you send him the balance? ;)

16. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    Considering he was killed a few weeks ago he's in no rush. :grin: