1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glitches with my 722

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by biz, Jan 7, 2010.

1. biz

biz AllStar

Jul 30, 2004
    Having an intermittant issue with my 722 and a new issue (potential).

Occasionally, I will try to go to 9439 (CNBC) and get an error message about clicking the up or down arrow to change channels. At the same time, cannot get the weather channel or the travel channel either, probably others. This happens in the 9xxx and the 2xx channels. I have to reboot.

Then yesterday (I copied the issue from another post, so I'm not the only one apparently):
    2) one day I turned TV on and there was no picture and no sound. All the guides and menus were working, but no transmission. A reboot holding the power button eventually fixed the problem. It happened a second time 2 days ago. Fixed by reboot again.

So.............. I'm curious more on the first issue since that has been ongoing. Now I fear for the 2nd issue that my box will not work one day and I'll be hosed waiting for a new one.

Thoughts?

2. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Without more information it's hard to say. The only clue I have is that whenever I get the error message about clicking the up or down arrow to change channels, it usually means your dish is not aligned properly for that transponder (or the signal is blocked due to weather or snow on the dish). So the problem may be with your dish and not the receiver.

3. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Probably NOT an alignment problem, unless your signal values are low (should be in the 60's).

This could be a receiver, lnb or switch problem, check to see if all the problem channels are on the same satellite, if so it could be lnb.

I have a 722k, a 211k, a 211 and a DP301 connected to a D1000 with a DPP44 switch. About every 2-3 months the 722 (on port 1) starts losing channels while all the others are fine. To fix it, I have to totally disconnect all 4 receivers and the power injector from the DPP44 switch for about 15 minutes (reboot the switch). When I reconnect every thing and run check switch everywhere, everything is back to normal.