1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Globecast World TV - Help finding quality signal

Discussion in 'FTA / Non Small Dish Satellite Area' started by emb95, Oct 21, 2010.

1. emb95

emb95 New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Recently I bough World TV box with dish package and subscription to foreign channels. I am having trouble with finding signal quality to Galaxy 19 (97W). Dish I’ve received is some what like DTV slim dish style type. I am able to find good signal strength but not quality. Here are specs ELV 39, AZM 207 SKEW 105 and LNB SKEW 14.7. Anyone have any idea to why I cant find signal quality?

I also have circular dish which I am able to find good signal strength and quality on Galaxy 19. Circular dish is used for other satellite.

2. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    If it is similar to a DirecTv Slimline dish it is not tall enough. I have found that in Michigan you can use a 33 inch dish if you align it just right but a 36 inch dish works better.

3. emb95

emb95 New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    First thank you for reply! 100cm (w) 77cm (H) and dist center to LNB is 85. Package markings are 85 cm antenna. This is driving me crazy!

4. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    39in x 30in (100cm x 77cm)
    33in (85cm)

5. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    * Line of site from different dish pole.

* Different dish offset (apparent elevation not the same as other dish's apparent elevation).

* LNB not at focal point.

Put your receiver on a strong transponder, then slowly move the dish left-right, up-down until you get a glimmer of a signal. Then move in. Good luck!

6. BNUMM

BNUMM Hall Of Fame

Dec 23, 2006
    I have done quite a few of these in Michigan and the dish has to be at least 33 inches high because most of the channels are vertical polarity.