1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gmail Tap - Morse Code keypad

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by bobnielsen, Apr 1, 2012.

1. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
  2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Nice. I know some Hams that would actually use this.

3. kfcrosby

kfcrosby Godfather

Dec 17, 2006
    Memphis, TN
    I wonder if it would be a violation of IP to actually produce an app for this. I know lots of folks that could use it....

Too much of a Great Idea to be wasted on an April Fools joke....

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I'd think it couldn't be patentable or copywrightable.

I'm convinced some of Google's April Fools jokes have come true, in a way at least. In 2007 one joke was their Toilet Internet Service. Sure, it was a joke, but I don't think anyone would have believed them having service at all. And now they're building fiber in Kansas City. Their NASCAR joke was only about the racing bit. Their self driving cars are real. Who would have thought Google would do even that?

This would be interesting, though I think even some of the new HAM certifications don't require Morse code.

I'm also waiting for a few of ThinkGeeks's jokes to become real. Usually one or two do.

5. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    I sent this link on to all my Army radio operator cohorts from the 1950's when Morse Code was still actively used.

Google put a lot of work into that video...