1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Go Back To One Line

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by johnheffernan, Oct 8, 2012.

1. johnheffernan

johnheffernan New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    A while back, DirecTV came out and gave connected a second line so we could watch/record multiple shows. We are in the process of a basement refinish and I have only one working line until I can get the electrician to correct the problem with the second line. Right now, I can't watch anything from the guide and only some programs are recorded? Can I tell the receiver/DVR to only use one line for now or did they split the signal so I need both lines? I looked in setup and tried setting it back to Single Tuner but setup failed.

2. samrs

samrs MANC DBSTalk Club

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
    On the back of your DVR the Satellite inputs are labeled 1 and 2. Your one good line needs to be on input 1. Once its setup that way you should be able to go to single tuner mode in setup. If not check your signal strength on the 101 for irregularity's.

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    You might want to consider swapping to SWM lnb.

Of course, your equipment will need to be compatible with SWM.

4. johnheffernan

johnheffernan New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    I lost my remaining line somehow so that's why the single tuner change did not work. Sigh. Time to call DirectTV.

5. Lindsey-Star

Lindsey-Star Cool Member

Jul 22, 2010
    If you still had one good line existing, connected to SAT in 1 and changed the tuners to "single," it will give you a setup failed message with an exclaimation saying no signal found on tuner 2 and would allow you to continue through the error thus only connecting to the single tuner (sat in 1) that has the good cable connected.

Exclaimations and setup failed OSDs are not necessarily the end of the problem.