1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going from 211 to 722 ( any pq. improvement?)

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by getrdone, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. getrdone

getrdone New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Hi all,

Great site here by the way!

Okay, for xmas the wife said I can trade in my 211 to get the 722. Thats great! Finally a hd dvr!

My question is, has anyone noticed a pq. improvement, ( sharpness, contrast or color, ect.. ), when going from a 211 to a 722? I have looked at the specs. of these receivers at dish.com, and all appear to be the same.

I'll be using component only since my set has no hdmi.

Thanks, getrdone

2. Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5 Hall Of Fame

Mar 11, 2003
    I noticed an improvement in sharpness and brightness using the Hdmi cable with my new 722 compared to my older 622 . The 722 has a better newer chip set that does a better job with the pq. OF course this is my opinion and your mileage may vary.

3. getrdone

getrdone New Member

Dec 6, 2007

Thanks for the response Mike,

Thats what I was hoping to here. I was somewhat disappointed with the vip211 sharpness when I compared it to my older Sony hd200 receiver (DirectTV). But with that said, I thought the color fidelity was better on the 211.

I did e-mail dish tech support with the same basic question about 211 vs. 722 pq. quality and there response was "digital is digital", you either get a picture or you don't.....

After I read there response, I thought, what kind of answer was that:confused:

Anyone else care to express your thoughts on vip 722 pq. quality vs.your old hd receiver?

4. mikehd

mikehd Mentor

Sep 11, 2003
    It's been a while since we migrated from our 921 to the 622, but I definitely noticed an overall PQ improvement on our Mitsu rptv over component for the SD channels.

IMO the 921 had a much softer picture with horrible black levels.

So, not the 722, but I think the internals are the same (except for the hard drive size) with the 622.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.