1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going live now? More content?

Discussion in 'Service - DIRECTV On Demand CE Versions' started by ProfLonghair, Oct 17, 2007.

1. ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    CMH
    There's a thread that isn't being shot down (Earl responded in it, and didn't say it wasn't happening) saying that it's going pseudo national. Does that mean we'll get some better content, esp in the HD realm? I dl'd a few things, but nothing really excites me, mostly since it's all SD.

2. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    hopefully :)

3. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    I hope so...I found some concert stuff that was kewl, but not much in HD. Show me some HD and I'm all over it.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I have no official info, but it does seem likely that the beta period for On Demand is about to end.

5. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    So, those of us that never had access to it will soon have it via national rollout?

6. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    I just tonight that I had a showcase downloaded yesterday 'Welcome to DoD'. However I have been active on the beta for several weeks.

7. Coffey77

Coffey77 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Nov 12, 2006
    I read, too, that someone got a letter from DIRECTV mentioning that they were going to send down software that would have DOD enabled but DIRECTV wasn't going to announce it was active. If people "found" it, they can use it but as for right now - there was not going to be any announcements of it.

8. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    It sounds like it will be a "soft" rollout, which will reduce the load on the CSRs.

9. Mixer

Mixer Hall Of Fame

Sep 28, 2006
    It will be interesting to see if we get the Networks on Demand and more HD as we have all been hoping for.

Where are these other threads talking about this? Sounds like they are planning a 1/2 version NR???

10. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I would love the have the Big 4 (ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC) on demand, along with the Premiums like HBO and Showtime. It would give me even greater flexibility managing conflicts ...

11. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I agree Drew. If we got these ones to go with what we have now I would be good to go. Anything after that would just be a bonus.