1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good to see KITT back

Discussion in 'The OT' started by dpeters11, Jan 15, 2013.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I know, don't watch ads...I don't use skip30, just because every once in a while an ad will catch my eye. Seeing the familiar red scan on the hood of a Trans-Am is one of those moments.

It's actually a GE ad, with KITT following a train, with him talking. While the voice is not quite the same as it was in the original series (we are talking 30 years later), it was recorded by the original actor. They used cars built and owned by enthusiasts.

Pretty cool to see him again, even if was just for an ad.

2. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    [youtubehd]V7DNYocXvR0[/youtubehd]

3. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I saw that one and thought it was good. The actor is William Daniels, most famous for his time on St. Elsewhere and recently had a recurring role on Grey's Anatomy.

- Merg

4. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    William Daniels was doing St Elsewhere at the same time he did the voice of kitt on Knightrider.

5. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Mr. Feeney with the blinkies.

6. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    The beginning of Skynet?

7. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Yup. But, if I remember correctly, wasn't he always uncredited in Knight Rider? Kind of a way for them to add something mysterious as to who is KITT.

- Merg

8. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  9. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    With that voice? That's like tossing a tarp over the Statue of Liberty and having people guess what's perched over New York Harbor.

10. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Well, it's not like they used James Earl Jones. Besides, when I was watching Knight Rider in the original run, I didn't watch St. Elsewhere.

11. xmguy

xmguy New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    Because Daniels was on ST Elsewhere. He chose not to be credited it Knight Rider. I'm a MOOSIVE fan of that show. I know... A little crazy too! :grin:

12. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I recall from an old interview that Daniels said that he requested not to receive a credit because he did not feel was putting in the same amount of time on the shows as the actors. Daniels mentioned that he was needed for no more than a hour or so a week and up to that point had not met any of the cast and it was nearly a year after the show premiered before he met the producers (at an award ceremony).