1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goofy League Pass Blackout

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by HGuardian, Mar 30, 2011.

1. HGuardian

HGuardian Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    I have League Pass. Went to channel 664 or 664-1 to watch the Pistons at Pacers game on FSDetroit Plus. Blacked out. This game is not available nationally and I'm getting the Pacers feed in the clear. I do not live in Pacer territory. I also noticed that only the Pacer feed is re-mapped to the League Pass channels. Tried contacting Directv through the new Twitter support and it was pointless as their answer was essentially "Just watch the Pacer feed even though there is no real reason we have blacked out the Piston feed for the package you paid $200 for."

Add this to the numerous MLB Preseason blackouts incorrectly applied by Directv early on in Spring Training it just seems their guys in the department in charge of applying blackouts is just getting lazy.

2. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Same here. Oddly, the 700 channel does not show up in the score guide.

The pistons coverage is on a plus channel. Are we sure that goes national? Maybe a contract thing with fox sports Detroit. Have you seen other games on 664-1?

Otherwise, watch the pacers coverage.

3. HGuardian

HGuardian Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    Yup, I watch Pistons and Red Wings all the time on 664-1.

I wasn't really all that excited about the game, I just wanted to catch a few minutes with Pistons announcers of it considering I paid all the money for LP. Oh well...

4. d2001dstanley

d2001dstanley Cool Member

Mar 2, 2006
    What is interesting is that earlier in the guide it was listed for a dual feed. However, DirecTV made the decision to open up 758 and 758-1 for the Mavericks-Clippers game later on that night. As to why they switched it, I don't know, but they are not required to offer dual feeds, so therefore they only offered one (Pacers). I kind of wished that they could have offered the Pistons-Pacers early (Pistons) and then switch over to the Mavericks-Clippers when that contest started.