1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Google and DirecTV Announce Partnership

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mattgwyther, Aug 11, 2010.

1. mattgwyther

mattgwyther New Member

May 22, 2007
    Sorry, not Google TV just Google TV ads.

DirecTV, Google unveil strategic partnership
    By Georg Szalai, The Hollywood Reporter - August 11th, 2010

DirecTV and Google unveiled a strategic partnership Wednesday that will see Google become the sales representative for the satellite TV provider's advertising inventory on several cable networks carried by DirecTV.

National satellite inventory on Bloomberg, Fox Business, Centric, Fuel, G4, Current, Ovation, Fit, Sleuth, Chiller and TV Guide will be available through the Google TV Ads system across all dayparts, including primetime, the companies said.

Financial terms weren't disclosed.

Said Bob Riordan, senior vp, DirecTV Advertising Sales: "Google TV Ads is an excellent advertising tool and will be a tremendous complement to DirecTV's existing suite of innovative assets."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...adfdcc730c9716

2. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    I hope this relationship grows... into technology issues

3. gphvid

gphvid Godfather

Jun 19, 2007
    Thousand...
    Maybe Google can supply the solution finally to the audio dropout problem...

4. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    I was referring to Google TV. An alliance like Google has with Dish would be great. But I'm not holding my breath for that.

5. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 DIRECTV A-Team

Jul 28, 2004
    It's a marketing agreement....period.

6. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    True, but it means an alliance exists and the players are getting to know each other better. But you're right, and I won't read any more into it.

7. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 DIRECTV A-Team

Jul 28, 2004
    Yes....and it may perhaps lead to more "partnership activity" in the future as you referenced earlier.