1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Google Inactive Account Manager

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by dpeters11, Apr 17, 2013.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    New tool from Google, once your account is inactive for a set amount of time, what do you want to happen to it?

http://dataliberation.blogspot.com/

You can just have everything deleted, or instruct them to send the data to a specified person.

I set it up, though it made me think of questions I really hadn't thought of. The main reason I'd not use my Google account, unless something came along that much better, is death.

You can write a note to someone to be sent with the instructions on how to access the data. What do you say? Also, the earliest option is 3 months. So someone gets an email three months after you've died reminding them of it (not that they have forgotten).

Interesting concept, but also something to consider. What do we want to happen to our digital lives?

2. houskamp

houskamp New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    delete all incriminating evidence :p