1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Google Maps

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by kevinturcotte, Jul 10, 2013.

1. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    Anybody use Google Maps/Navigation to get around. I ride the bus a lot and RELY on it to help me get around. The latest update complete broke it for me. I used to tell it where I wanted to go and it gave me gsrious routes and I'd pick one and then it would launch into Navigation abd SHOW me how to get to the bus stop. Then it would actually follow along the bus route, showing me where we were/which stop we were at. Otherwise I have NO idea where we are or when to get ofg. Also the Navigation icon would be in the Notification area at the top so I vould go into other apps but return to Navigation when I wanted. Now it does NONE of this. Is there anyway to make it do what I NEED it to do, or am I completely screwed?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using DBSTalk mobile app

2. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    Perhaps this explains the problem??

[SIZE=10pt]From:[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] CNN Breaking News [mailto:BreakingNews@mail.cnn.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:25 AM
    To: textbreakingnews@ema3lsv06.turner.com
    Subject: CNN Breaking News
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Google and related services were inaccessible to some users this morning, prompting confusion and consternation across the Web. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Reports of outages began about 9:30 a.m. ET and quickly spread on Twitter, with users asking if the problem was affecting others as well. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Among the services affected were Gmail, Google Plus, Google Drive and YouTube. According to anecdotal reports, the outages appeared to be most prevalent among users in the Southeastern United States. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Google did not immediately comment on the problem. [/SIZE]

3. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    This has been happening since about 6am this morning (Eastern Time).

4. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
  5. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    Maps will allow me to go directly into Navigation if I'm traveling by car, bike, or on foot, but not if I'm taking the bus. Even if I directly open Navigation, it still won't allow GPS navigstion like before for the bus. Is there an app that will do what I need, and act the way Google Maps/Navigation used to?

6. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Damn Chinese! They're cyber attacking us! :D

7. kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Outside...
    I did find a temporary solution. I UPGRADED from version 7.0 to 6.14.4 and told the app NOT to auto update! As soon as I did that, everything worked just like it used to. So it's not a data issue, or an outage, it's the way Google has designed the "Update" to the app. I HIGHLY recommend you do the same if you don't like the new version. I uploaded the version just before 7 onto my Dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/02l2m1hm9lyk9h0/Google%20Maps%206.14.4%20apk4.net.apk Just put it on your phone and open it, Android will know what to do with it.