1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Now for ICS Project. [UPDATE 7/4][NO VOICE]

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by BubblePuppy, Jul 4, 2012.

1. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    Google Now for ICS Project. [UPDATE 7/4][NO VOICE]

For those Android ICS users (rooted) who want to get a taste of Jelly Bean Google Now is now being ported to rooted ICS phones.
    Please read and follow the instructions carefully. Voice search does not work for now, so don't post that it's not working.
    Here's the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28186680
    Have fun.

2. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Interesting that that link doesn't seem to work... :D

3. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    I'll try it again.
    The link works now. Thanks for the heads up.

4. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Yup...works now. Thanks.

5. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I'm eager to try Google Now on my VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus, but I've only unlocked it so far - I still haven't rooted it. I'm hoping Google will back-port it to ICS, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not sure I want to actually root my phone, but if I find the time I may really start reading up on it and give it a go.

6. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Rooting it is a fairly simple process as well as restoring it to factory, non root and locked again, you just lose your memory content (locking and unlocking force a wipe).

7. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I had to get a replacement VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus (dropped my original and smashed the screen) and in 20 minutes today I unlocked and rooted my new Nexus. I was going to play with Google Now, but I didn't feel comfortable with the "source", so I think I'll only be trying ROMs from known and vetted sources like CyagenMod.

But it's amazing how automated things are today, for example compared to what it required to root the Motorola Droid when it first came out 3+ years ago...

8. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    The Nexus line is designed to be rooted easily. Not all phones are as easily rootable. The Verizon version of the GSIII boot loader has been locked down (but with effort it has been rooted). It is up to the carrier and manufacturer.

9. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006