1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gordon did me wrong...

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Ken S, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    I know I'm a bit late to this party, but recently I started watching Gordon Ramsay's programs on TV.

I really like:

Kitchen Nightmares, Kitchen Nightmares Revisited and The F Word on BBCA

I like, but not as much Kitchen Nightmares on Fox and Fox Reality.

I watched Hell's Kitchen for the first time last night and it was typical reality show/Survivor clone drivel.

I guess Gordon is gonna make what he can while he can. Nothing wrong with that...he's certainly not hurting anyone...but echh...you would think a guy that puts so much pride into his restaurants and the food he serves would be a little more caring about the TV he's serving up.

2. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    This wasn't a new episode of Hell's Kitchen was it?

Yes, it is kinda like Survivor, etc.

3. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    In the Fox version of Nightmares, the producers fork out to re-furbish the restaurants. Not so much in the British version. All said though, the BBC has fewer bleeps - and that makes it more fun to watch.

4. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    No, they were reruns...I watched two episodes from different seasons I guess.

5. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    The bleeps don't bother me as much as the ridiculous made-up drama in the Fox series. They also waste a lot of time recounting what has happened after every commercial break.

6. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO

Totally agree. There's an industry term for that ... I can't think of it right now ... but it has to do with filler material when there's not enough content.

7. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    I really like his shows from the BBC and merely tolerate them on Fox as they are not nearly as good. But still interesting.

8. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Frankly, the only advantage to the Fox versions is that they come in HD. When Charlie decides to give us BBCHD, I'll probably stop watching the American versions.

9. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    BBCA version of Kitchen Nightmares is much better then the American version on Fox.

10. chris0

chris0 Godfather

Jun 25, 2007
    I've just started to watch an episode of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares that I recorded off BBCA earlier today. It's the restaurant called D-Place. I'm only about 5 minutes in but already the head chef reminds me of Graham Chapman impersonating a Frenchman.