1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a "Clue"? Well you'll have another chance

Discussion in 'The Movies' started by Tom Robertson, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Clue, a fun movie of 1985 (with a great cast) is being remade? (Why? I liked the first one!)

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/200...get-todayslatest-'Clue'?+A+movie+remake?+Why?!

Gore Verbinski [strike]Vidal[/strike] from Pirates of the Caribbean fame, looks to be the current director (you know how these things can change...) :)

Cheers,
    Tom

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I can't believe it either. But for the exact opposite reason as you.

3. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    Hollywood seems content with doing remakes,regardless of public opinion.
    I guess as long as the studios continue to do "break even" business or better at the box office,the trend will continue.
    Take the recent remake of Friday the 13th for example...it was widely reported that the film owns the box office record for best opening weekend ever for a horror film.

4. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    They sure can! Let's change Vidal to Verbinski...:)

5. koji68

koji68 Icon

Jun 21, 2004
    There is your public opinion. People go see remakes and since the studios want to make money they'll continue with them.

6. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Of course they're remaking anything and everything, but this isn't new. Back before VCRs, films were routinely remade and there were no complaints. When films went from silent to talking, films were remade, and when they went from b&w to color, they were remade... The Front Page, a 1931 film, was remade as His Girl Friday, The Front Page, and Switching Channels. It's been 20 years, I'm surprised no one has remade it again.

For those with shorter memories and fewer Y-chromosomes, Mrs. Shadow tells me that Her Best Friend's Wedding was remade as Made Of Honor by switching genders around... and does anyone else think Chocolat was a remake of Footloose? Let's not even discuss The Producers which was made into a play and then a movie musical!

Point is, remakes happen all the time, it's not exclusive to our time, and while I enjoyed Clue, it's not such a singular triumph of cinema that no one dares attempt to improve on the concept. Now... remake The Godfather and we'll have words.

7. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Done... Thanks for catching that. (and thanks for the humorous way to point it out.) :)

8. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Perhaps, but it'll be tough to improve upon Tim Curry's performnace.