1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a New HR34. Playlist Doesn't Sort Alphabetically

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by andjuan, Jul 29, 2012.

1. andjuan

andjuan New Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Hey all. I just added a brand new HR34 to my setup yesterday. I had a HR24 previously which had a bunch of new shows. Now everything seems to be hooked up correctly, and I can see the recorded content from both DVRs. However, the alphabetical sort on the HR24 works correctly, integrating content from both DVRs. However, on the new HR34, it's mostly correct. However, I've noticed a handful of shows aren't sorted at all. They seem to be just adding to the top of the list in the order I record them. There are also a bunch of shows from the old HR24 that don't get sorted. Resorting does not help at all. Any ideas on what might be going on?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    I have the same issue. I guess another bug with with the HR34.

3. Kapeman

Kapeman Godfather

Dec 22, 2003
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but this one is the most relevant that I could find.

Any news on the HR-34's sorting issue?

4. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    This won't be all that helpful, but it might help make more sense out why it is doing this.

You probably know that regardless of the sorting mode, current recordings stack up at the top of the list during the record mode. There has to be some signal sent when the program is done recording so that it will then resort properly. Either that is not being sent reliably or not being received reliably.

With any luck, this is where the bug team will start.

Or at least that is my wild guess. :)

5. andjuan

andjuan New Member

Sep 26, 2010
    This actually worked itself out for me. I figured there was a software update that addresses the bug...

6. otaliema

otaliema AllStar

Aug 9, 2012
    Mid-west USA
    There was a recent software DL to all HDDVR's and HMC's that updated some play list options hit the yellow button in the play list and change the list order should solve the problem.
    *Disclaimer* I am not fully versed in the HMC bugs but the units I have access too, this worked with current software 0x57C

7. Kapeman

Kapeman Godfather

Dec 22, 2003
    To be more specific, unlike the other DVRs, the HR-34 does not display the list from all the networked receivers properly.

It basically lists the shows alphabetically by each receiver as opposed to listing all shows alphabetically regardless of which receiver they are on.

Did this get fixed in 0x0582?

8. gio12

gio12 Icon

Jul 31, 2006
    Fixed on my with the latest NR.