1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got call from case mgmt..normal?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by newsposter, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Nov 6, 2010 #1 of 13
    newsposter

newsposter Hall Of Fame

Nov 12, 2003
    I called because my hr20 had a dead drive and they will send out a replacement next week. a few minutes after i hung up case mgmt left a msg on my machine to call them when i got my receiver.

is this great customer service or is there some other reason they want me to call. the regular CSR told me to just call the main number to activate so it's not related to that

2. Nov 6, 2010 #2 of 13
    Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I have dealt with the Case Management folks in the past, they are about the best people you can talk to about a specific problem. These people know their stuff and you can have an ongoing conversation with the same person over a period of time, this way they can help track a problem or series of problems. If you have a questions or concerns about something working or not these are the ones to talk to.

3. Nov 6, 2010 #3 of 13
    newsposter

newsposter Hall Of Fame

Nov 12, 2003
    cool so maybe they can recover all my SL and list data ;)

4. Nov 6, 2010 #4 of 13
    Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I'm thinking not. Sorry.

5. Nov 6, 2010 #5 of 13
    Brit_in_WV

Brit_in_WV Mentor

Sep 11, 2009
    I dealt with case mngmnt a couple of weeks ago to get a reciever replaced and the service I got from them was great.

6. Nov 7, 2010 #6 of 13
    morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    Last time I dealt with them was great as well. The person mentioned if you have more than one issue in one year (i.e., dead receiver and then a really, really bad storm that requires dish realignment) case management is automatically involved.

7. Nov 7, 2010 #7 of 13
    newsposter

newsposter Hall Of Fame

Nov 12, 2003
    Professional Installation Unscheduled - Call 1-888-355-7530 to schedule

ERP_HDDVR_1 Group

i assume this is erroneous and they really will fedex?

8. Nov 8, 2010 #8 of 13
    dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    I'm dealing with case management at the moment myself. I received a replacement R15 last week for my dead TiVo unit and it appears the R15 came with the wrong power cord. It doesn't fit tightly into the back of the receiver, so a tech is coming out today. My conversation on Saturday with the case management tech was very pleasant though.

9. Nov 8, 2010 #9 of 13
    newsposter

newsposter Hall Of Fame

Nov 12, 2003
    well that stinks..at least i should have the right cords if i get the hr20 again..says shipped online so depending where it's from, should have it soon

10. codespy

codespy Ted- Get some free agents NOW!!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Wisconsin
    This looks right....Shipping FED EX. The HR20's usually come from the PA distribution center (at least for me they did).

The ERP.....this is the return shipping label for the old receiver to send back to Memphis most likely.

11. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    Most likely your account should have been escalated to Case Management instead of the tech ordering you a replacement HD DVR. The account was escalated anyway and the Case Manager called you to make initial contact.

12. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    Indeed the problem was an incorrect power cord. So much for that "inspected by xx" sticker that was on the receiver. :rolleyes:

But the tech was nice enough to also check signal strengths and connections on the dish, and a couple of them were a little loose. I also received an automated follow-up call later in the afternoon from D*.

The case manager also said he would be calling a couple of days after the tech was here to be sure everything was OK.

13. newsposter

newsposter Hall Of Fame

Nov 12, 2003
    the sticker didnt make it , he has to send out a complete new recovery kit.

my guess is that, plus my 2nd replacement, will be here tomorrow