1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Got HD-Tivo, Have Signal Problem - Need Help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dsss12, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsss12

dsss12 New Member

May 2, 2004
    Hi,

I was one of the lucky ones (I thin) who got their HD Tivos from GG today (Ordered in Jan). I got home and ran into a difficult situation with a signal issue. Long story short, I am having some sort of signal conflict with the HD Tivo and either my dish or my multiswitch. I have the older elliptical (2 lnb) dish with the Sat C upgrade and a Steren 5x8 multiswitch.

basically whenever I have something tuned into Sat-B, I lose the signal on my other tuner (for some channels, like my locals). I have been using this setup for over a year with SD DirecTivos and a Hughes E86 HD Box with no problem at all. I can only imagine it's one of two things, either the Dish with Sat-C kit doesn't like my multiswitch when paired with the HD DTivo, or the multiswitch itself doesn't like the HD Tivo. the only real difference in my setup is the dual tuners. Btw- if I tune two items to Sat B (such as HDNet and HBOHD) everything is fine.

If anyone can help me out here, I would really appreciate it...

Thanks...

2. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    Class12,

I'm sure one of the other guys will be able to give you a much better answer, but I had an installer here yesterday that was supposed to instlall an HD dish in anticipation of receiving my HR10-250. He made the comment to me that it couldn't run through a multi-switch, that that causes problems.

Turns out the guy deals mainly with E* and that the sales guy that I set up the appointment with didn't really know what I was looking for, so the install never happened. At any rate, he may have been right about the multi-switch. As I said, I'm sure someone will be on here with the right answer to your query, but in the meantime I hope this gives you some idea.

3. platinum

platinum Godfather/Supporter

Oct 28, 2002
    a cascadable multiswitch should be used with a multislot dish.

4. tds4182

tds4182 Legend

Jul 17, 2003
    I am using a 5X8 multi-switch on my HD DirecTivo and it works just fine on both Sat. A & B and sees all 3 satellites. Suspect your problem could be with either a bad Sat. C kit or you dish configuration was not set up properly when you went through guided set up.

QUOTE=JLucPicard]Class12,

I'm sure one of the other guys will be able to give you a much better answer, but I had an installer here yesterday that was supposed to instlall an HD dish in anticipation of receiving my HR10-250. He made the comment to me that it couldn't run through a multi-switch, that that causes problems.

Turns out the guy deals mainly with E* and that the sales guy that I set up the appointment with didn't really know what I was looking for, so the install never happened. At any rate, he may have been right about the multi-switch. As I said, I'm sure someone will be on here with the right answer to your query, but in the meantime I hope this gives you some idea.[/QUOTE]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.