1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got new DVR, but old receiver still had almost $100 of PPV charges on it. What to do?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by kathymoore, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kathymoore

kathymoore Legend

Mar 3, 2006
    I got a new DVR to replace my very, very old Sony DTV receiver. It was never hooked up to a phone line. There are still nearly $100 of charges for PPV movies. (with dates ranging from Dec '01 to Feb '02) Those charges never appeared on my DTV acct, probably because the phone line has never been hooked up.

The receiver, by the way, is no longer functional... every channel has really messed up picture... and no sound output at all. but the receiver's on-screen menus are all just fine.

DirecTV did deactivate the receiver/access card when I activated the new DVR.

Should I simply throw the bad receiver into the trash?

Thanks for any suggestion! :) :) :

2. kay

kay AllStar

Nov 27, 2005
    Might be a risky business to use it...

3. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Report the charges and pay your bill....when billing catches up to you it could be much worse than the $100 you owe them now....

4. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    It won't catch up if the receiver is never plugged into a phone line. I ordered 1 PPV movie in my life, Stephen Kings Apt Pupil back in 1998, 6 years and 2 providers later I have yet to pay that $2.99.

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    YOu act like you're proud of being a thief.....

6. NVBlue

NVBlue Legend

Aug 3, 2005
    Pay your bill!

7. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Hey what can I say, the music library on my iPod says that about me :lol: That check for $2.99 will be in the mail today, I wonder if I just send in a bunch of PPV coupons with it if will cover the movie and 8 years worth of interest :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.