1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got replacement 622, Now another problem

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by pilot305, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilot305

pilot305 AllStar

Oct 10, 2005
    Okay, this is getting old but here it goes.

I got a replacement 622 yesterday and i got it all hooked up, call CSR, got it activated fine but now i have problem with this receiver too. The main tv (tuner 1) seems to work just fine. No freezing problems or anything. On the 2nd tv (tuner 2) the remote control will not change the channel, or anything else for that matter. It seems maybe the remote is broken but i can turn off the tv just fine. It's the same remote from the 1st receiver i got (they never replaced the remotes, just the receiver) and it worked just fine with that 1st receiver. The channel that is showing on the screen is the one that says "Congratulations on your DISH 1000 xxxxxxx" . I can change the receiver to single-mode and the PIP works just fine (from the main tv's remote (#1). I can change channels and everything!

Any idea what this maybe?? I've done the hard-reboot, check switch, blah blah already. The little remote control antenna is hooked up fine. I even took the #2 remote to the receiver and tried to change the channel from close range and nothing still happens.

thanks for your time,
    pilot305

2. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg Active Member

Aug 30, 2004
    I'm thinking that all your symptoms agree with your "old" remote is set to a Remote Address other than the one the new receiver is set by default.

3. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    Did you happen to previously change the A/B switch on remote 2 and then forget to reset it on the new receiver? I forget the exact key sequence but I think you display the System Info using the front panel button and then press a button on the remote (Page Up or something?) to change the 622 to the same setting. I think the procedure is in the manual.

4. socceteer

socceteer Icon

Apr 22, 2005
    You can check the address of your remote controls by pressing the SYSTEM INFO in front of the receiver. if the address for tv1 AND TV2 are SET TO Address 1, then you probably have not set it.

To set it. press the SYSTEM INFO button in front of the unit and then Press and hold the satellite button on the remote control number 2 wait until it blinks and then press the record button, you will notice that the address for the remote tv2 will change.

Now try using it.

5. pilot305

pilot305 AllStar

Oct 10, 2005
    Thanks for your guy's input!! I'll try your suggestions when i get off work tonight. I just figured that all the remotes where alike. I guess you learn something new everyday. This is a great forum!! Even with all the problems i've had with my upgrades and replacements, i always know i can come here and get my questions answered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.