1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Graceland

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by TomCat, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Jun 8, 2013 #1 of 15
    TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    Pilot was pretty good. Lots of potential. Might be a keeper, once they get away from the gauzy shots of surfing (boring). You expect this quality from Jeff Eastin of White Collar fame, and it looks like he is delivering.

What do the rest of you think?

2. Jun 8, 2013 #2 of 15
    Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    I wasn't too impressed. I will usually give a show three episodes, so there are two more to go, but I am skeptical. It seemed pretty standard fare so far, and I would have expected the residents of Graceland to be more professional than juvenile--that really struck me as WRONG!

3. Jun 8, 2013 #3 of 15
    MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I wasn't too impressed either. "Romper Room" would have been a better title for this show.

4. Jun 8, 2013 #4 of 15
    Sixto

Sixto DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 18, 2005
    I'm in so far.

5. Jun 8, 2013 #5 of 15
    oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Ill be watching again

6. Jun 8, 2013 #6 of 15
    fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Mrs. Fluffybear has already written off the show calling it far to childish and unrealistic. Since shows can go through a drastic change from the pilot, I'll give it a second go but from what I've seen of the summer season to date I might end up watching Me-TV a lot more.

7. Jun 8, 2013 #7 of 15
    sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I really liked it. It kept my interest, and definitely want more after seeing
    his assignment is to investigate Briggs.

8. Jun 8, 2013 #8 of 15
    whitewolf8214

whitewolf8214 AllStar

Jun 12, 2012
    It was ok to me and I will give it a few more episodes to see where it heads then decide now the interesting part starts ;) :)

9. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    That did seem all too familiar. Where did we see that before? How about when they paired Scully with Mulder because he was such a supposed flake and they needed someone to report secretly on him? That was 21 years ago in a completely different pilot, and I would assume that this story will take a similar trajectory. No better or truer flattery than imitation. If you can't write it better, steal it.

Also a bold lift, the questionable shooting near the end, which was very reminiscent of Vic Mackey's actions in the pilot for The Shield, a better show than this and most other shows. Both were designed to establish that the hero has plenty grey area in his actions. But threads of X-Files and The Shield can probably only make this show better.

While I like the show overall, where it fell down for me was the standoff in the "hit" scene near the end. Once those in the car heard the shots and their guy did not emerge, they probably would have gone in to finish the job rather than just staying in the car. Two gunshots separated by 5 minutes (for discussion between hit and hitter) and then 5 more gunshots is pretty suspicious when there is only one target.

For those who incorrectly assume that real FBI/NSA/CIA/ATF feds act less juvenile or childish and more professional than these guys, be afraid; be very afraid. All you have to do is look at headlines for the last couple of years, which makes these guys look pretty professional by comparison.

"Romper Room" is the reality, sad to say.

10. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Seemed pretty dull to me. I expected more. Will probably watch, but meh.

11. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I missed the pilot!!! But I see it is being rerun in a week or two so meanwhile I am recording each "current" episode so I can watch the thing in order. Thank goodness the R22 program guide lists the "original airdate" so I can make sense of all these episodes and watch them in the proper order!!

12. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I thought it was good. Not the best I had ever seen but not the worst either. I have watched 2 episodes and will continue to watch for now.

13. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    USA Network Orders Third Season of Original Drama "Graceland" from Creator Jeff Eastin and Fox Television Studios
    The sophomore season followed the dangerous lives of six undercover federal agents living together in a government-seized Southern California beachfront house.
    READ MORE

1 person likes this.
  14. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Good to know! Thanks!! I wasn't thrilled with this season's storyline, but I want to see how it all resolves. Hopefully, they will make Mike a nicer person next season.

15. Drew2k

Drew2k DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 16, 2006
    Agreed! S1 was better than S2, so I'm looking for a turn-around...

Can't wait to find out how all the cliffhangers are resolved.