1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great CS Supervisor, happy new customer

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by jefbal99, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jefbal99

jefbal99 Hall Of Fame

Sep 7, 2007
    Well, I'm really gald that I followed the order process documented by DBSTalk, it just saved me many headaches.

It was everything that I wanted and was happy. I got my install window for this coming thursday.

Well, following the guide, I called Mid Michigan microtech (the installer) to confirm my order and it had been placed incorrectly for an HD DVR and a standard receiver. MMMC transfered me to D* order support who told me they had to cancel my order, then get me to D* sales to setup a new one correctly. They noted that I would prolly be charged an additional $99 for the receiver. I worked with another CSR that wouldn't honor the deal I had been quoted and I asked for a supervisor. After trying to not get me to talk to a supervisor, but not honor the deal, she finally said that she would transfer me. Instead of going to a supervisor I ended up with order support again. There they finally got me to a supervisor.

I worked with a wonderful supervisor and she was very sympathetically and empathetic of the situation and wanted to honor the setup that I had been quoted. She said that we would need to setup a new work order for just the HD DVR install and that would meet the price that I was quoted. Then once the new account was created, she would create a separate work order for the HD Receiver and wave all costs on it. She also noted on the work order that I would need the HR20 and H20 to get my locals OTA.

I was happy so we went ahead and did that. While finalizing the order (i had given my CC number and confirmed everything) the line went dead. My head swung down and I was thinking sh1t, i don't wanna go through all this again. Not 20 seconds later, the supervisor called me back to finish everything, I was shocked, I can only think of one time that Comcast went through anything like this for me (that was a rep in Minnesota when ESPN2HD got rolled out).

My install date got pushed back by one day to the 26th, but that is completely acceptable.

So needless to say, I'm very impressed right now with D* Customer Support and they have a very happy new customer, who will recommend the service to anyone and everyone.

2. 248 F1

248 F1 Legend

Sep 22, 2007
    Hopefully your install will go well also. If yes, tell us. If not, here's where you come to ask fix questions and gripe. :)

3. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    jefbal,
    good deal and glad it worked out. the only thing to watch for between now and the install is the fact that you now have 2 work orders. Since you already have a contact with the install company, touch base with them to make sure they have BOTH work orders for your job. If they don't, they could show up missing one or more items. ;)

4. jefbal99

jefbal99 Hall Of Fame

Sep 7, 2007
    The supervisor noted on the first order the information for the 2nd order and to make sure the 2nd recevier is brought out.

She is going to call me a week from today on my install date and then together we are going to call the installer to make sure everything is straight.

I understand there is a chance that it will be a day or two with only one receiver if the work orders get separated, but i'm happy that the deal was honored.

I will report on the install as i currently have very old Coax and will need a bunch of new runs. I'm gonna talk with the install company next week and find out what they will run for me and if its not quite to the standards, then i'll go and get rg-6 and get it run into positions so that it can just hook into the multiswitch.

5. jefbal99

jefbal99 Hall Of Fame

Sep 7, 2007
    What a wonderful install!!!

I worked with an installer and an apprentice and they couldn't have been better. They had both receivers, per the note on the work order. I showed them where I would like the dish, then took them into the basement and showed them the wiring that I had done that the pseudo wiring rack i had created.

They were shocked that I had all my RG6 in place and they learned how to diplex in OTA with the MPEG4 HDs.

I had mounted my antenna on Wednesday, but I didn't run the wire anywhere yet, because I wasn't sure if they were going to be able to mount the antenna on the back of the house.

I asked if I ran the cable into the j channel, that I could run the OTA cable in with the satellite feeds. They said they were so impressed with what I had done to prep the house for them, that they would run the cable for me.

They got the dish mounted, while I re ran my last few cables that had my Comcast cable running until this morning.

After bringing in the wiring and hooking in the OTA antenna, he noticed that D* didn't put the multiswitch on the order. He called in and got it added, after mounting and hooking up the last few wires, we called Customer Service to activate the HD DVR. After a software download, config and a reauth from CS, the DVR was working.

Next CS had to cut a 2nd work order for the H20 in the bedroom because I was quoted as getting it for free. While that was done, we did the sw download, and configuration. A re auth from CS and everything is working great.

Diplexing the OTA in with the D* signal is working great and I am one happy customer.

Gave them a $40.00 tip, for helping me out and getting the 2nd HD recevier and the help with the multi switch.

Winegard MS2000 and the Slimline
    [​IMG]

My pseudo wiring rack in the basement (Zinwell 6x8 MS, Splitter for OTA & Power inserter for Winegard antenna), & BBCs into the diplexers for the 2nd HR20 run and the h20 run)
    [​IMG]

Diplexer hooking into the H20
    [​IMG]

LCD and the H20 on CNNHD
    [​IMG]

Got an HR20-100S and an H20-600

Hooked up the cat5 run I put in for the HR20 and it got online perfectly.

Very happy new customer

6. techrep

techrep Hall Of Fame

Sep 15, 2007
    I am all about "dead presidents" but, maybe they should have given YOU a tip ;)

!devil12: Shoulder :angel:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.