1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

GREAT customer service today

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by AlexP, Nov 10, 2010.

1. AlexP

AlexP AllStar

Apr 11, 2006
    I've had the DirecTV Premier package with NFLST and MLBEI for 6 years. This week I came to the decision that I needed to trim some fat out of my household budget, so I called DirecTV with the intention of downgrading to the Choice Xtra package plus Sports Pack, which would save me about $40 a month. The CSR who answered the phone said she was not authorized to downgrade customers, so she transferred me to another agent who offered me a 40% discount on the Premier package for 6 months. I get to keep all my channels AND save over $40 a month. Now THAT is rewarding loyal customers with great service.

2. Crimson

Crimson Legend

Dec 9, 2006
    CSR not authorized to downgrade customers? LOL.

3. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 DIRECTV A-Team

Jul 28, 2004
    Nothing new...

The point is to put an experienced senior CSR on the call to intelligently discuss all the options, which they have the authority to process changes that might include various credit incentives. It's called controlled account management, and all providers do it.