1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great Installation!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by spaceace414, Jun 7, 2010.

1. spaceace414

spaceace414 New Member

May 28, 2010
    Westminster, CO
    Installer came out to our newly purchased home in Denver on Friday...window was 8-12...he was there at 8:20am.

I had been hoping that I would get the new HR24 and H24 boxes. I was called on Wednesday from a Denver number and was asked if the installer could come that day as they had a cancellation. Since I had not moved yet, I could not accomodate the request. I had a revelation the next day that the people who called me would know what boxes they put on the trucks for the installers. I called the number back and spoke to a wonderful lady who went and verified what receivers they send out...all NEW customers get the HR24/H24 receivers!

My installer came out and did indeed have the new boxes...so the day was off to a good start. He installed one HR24, two H24s, and one standard receiver. We hooked up the DECA to my router (the Comcast guy was there too and had the Internet up and going quickly...thank goodness). My installer was very nice and answered all my geek questions. I had hinted at the possibility of running some cables myself to the upstairs bedrooms that are not being used right now. So he put in a larger SWM unit for me so I would have extra lines. He also told me that I would need a filter for any stardard box I bought and to make sure they are SWM compatible. He would have given me some filters but did not have any extra with him.

He was here about four hours as he had to track some existing cables and run a few new ones.

It was a great experience all the way around!

Question for you guys....if I purchase a D12 used receiver, will I still have to pay a $5 monthly fee for that receiver, or is that only for leased boxes? I know that I will have to pay $20 for a new access card.

Thanks!

2. jpitlick

jpitlick Icon

Apr 19, 2007
    Each additional receiver after your primary is $5 a month. D* calls it a mirroring fee if the receiver is owned and a lease fee if it is leased.

3. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Hey, very happy to hear of your great install experience;

Yes, unfortunately you will still have to pay a monthly fee of $5.00 for the used D12 even if its actually an owned box. DirecTV just changes the official terminology on it by calling it a "mirroring fee."