1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Green Tint

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by jrwinter, Jul 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. jrwinter

jrwinter AllStar

Sep 2, 2004
    A couple of months ago directv made me swap out my hughes director pack receiver and ever since i put the Directv brand receiver on my tv it has had a heavy green tint on the picture has anyone else had this problem?

2. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Do you have it hooked to your TV via component cable set? If so check and or replace the cables (red/blue/green) to see if thats corrects the issue.

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Sounds like one of the cables is not plugged in all the way. I did this once on my setup. The cables were plugged in on each end but one of them lacked just a tiny bit being pushed all the way in.

4. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Indeed, how you are cabled to the TV may be it. What TV? Does it have HDMI input(s)?

5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    If this is an SD receiver, there's probably something wrong with it.

We need to know what the model number of the replacement receiver is to make any kind of educated guess as to what the problem is. I'd be looking for something like D12-300 if it was a straight across swap.