1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greenville wyff 4 sound not surround

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by KNOPPER, Mar 31, 2009.

1. KNOPPER

KNOPPER New Member

Apr 3, 2007
    ANYBODY ELSE IN GREENVILLE NOTICE WYFF 4'S SOUND IS NOT SURROUND.
    MY AMP SAYS IT IS, GUIDE SHOWS 5.1, BUT SOUND ONLY COMES OUT OF L&R WITH A SOFT HISS OUT OF CENTER CHANNEL. ALL OTHER CHANELS WORK FINE, JUST NOT MY NBC 4.......ANY IDEAS?:confused:

HR -21 HOOKED UP HDMI TO SONY STR-DG820 AND 52" XBR 4

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Have you contacted the local station engineering manager?

3. KNOPPER

KNOPPER New Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I was waiting for someone else to confirm this to make sure it was not just me..... If i call, i"m expecting them to say it' directv's fault.....

4. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Lost the center channel quite often on WYFF a few months ago. I've noticed it on several occasions, but none recently. They are apparently aware of the problem and think they have fixed it. It's worth posting in THIS thread over at avsforum.com to let them know it's still happening. That thread is monitored by WYFF, and they've be very good to respond to all posts related to them.

5. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    This type of thing is almost always the fault of the local station.

6. dubber deux

dubber deux Icon

Mar 7, 2009
    I also am on the avs Greenville SC HDTV forums and Doug, the Chief Engineer at WYFF IS aware of the problem and they are working to resolve it. However I would still post on the AVS Greenville SC HDTV reception forum and let him know of your experience, Doug is VERY proactive and responsive to your posts!