1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Grimm

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by seern, Oct 30, 2011.

1. seern

seern DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    I watched this show last evening and it was OK, but I was not really impressed and will probably not watch it again.

2. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Hmmm. We just watched it tonight and thought it was clever, witty and scary at the same time.

3. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    +1

Also my kids loved it so we now have a new show we can watch as a family at least until NBC cancels it. :grin:

4. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    In my opinion whoever cast Silas Weir Mitchell in the role he has needs a bonus. I'm glad to see he will be in all the episodes.
    He'll make a great pet werewolf. :)

5. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    We were pleasantly surprised. Went into it with no expectations whatsoever and enjoyed it. I think the writers could have some fun confounding Grimm's partner each week, wondering how he "knows things".

6. Drew2k

Drew2k DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 16, 2006
    I posted this in another thread ... I'll be back for more.

7. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    I was disappointed with this first show of it. It just didn't catch me. I'll keep the timer for a bit to see if it will grow on me, but I have doubts.

Compared to the other fairy tale fantasy show, this one is a distant second imo.

8. Sixto

Sixto DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 18, 2005
    Did watch it. Not usually much into the scary genre, but did find it interesting.

Heart did skip a beat with the first scene, actually went into the show with no idea of the plot, just seemed like a cool few photos that I had seen.

Will continue in the rotation for a while at least.

9. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Very pleasantly surprised here. My wife even lost some of her tea - spilling it when she was startled by some of the action.

So far, so good. it's not just another police procedural so we're giving it a chance.

10. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    The show was entertaining... but we will need to watch a handfull more episodes before we can add it to the regular watching routine.

11. phox_mulder

phox_mulder Legend

Nov 1, 2007
    Evil fairy tale characters are easily spotted, they all drive crappy old German automobiles.

Makes sense, since the Grimm's were German and gave all the characters German names.

phox

12. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Eh. I watched it with my dad, he thought it was good, I thought it was lame. Not sure if it was the actors themselves or the direction but I thought the acting/writing was lame, much like other ABC/NBC/CBS shows.

I'm not sure how to describe it so for example... he sees that business chick turn into something crazy, then his aunt tells him they have to talk, they get attacked by another creature, then his aunt tells him about his parents and his future, everything he needs to know is in the trailer, and shes probably going to die.

Next scene he wakes up from a bad dream and decides to go look in the trailer.

WTH?! Hey you're totally freaking out and seeing monsters, you were almost killed, your parents were actually murdered instead of what you thought, answers are in the trailer, and you go to bed first?

I saw lots of stupid stuff like that.

13. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    +1

Could the main character be any more two dimentional? I thought the performance was totally flat.

Since when can you shoot a fleeing suspect in the back?

14. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003

Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985) is the US Supreme Courts guidelines for the use of force where a Memphis Police officer shot a fleeing felon in the back, the justices held that deadly force "may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others."

15. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Grimm is finally returning.

READ MORE

16. cj9788

cj9788 Hall Of Fame

May 14, 2003
    It is about time......

17. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Season 3 starts on 25 Oct 2013 at 9PM EDT

18. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    And TVBythenumbers is already calling it a lock for renewal, as it is approaching the minimum requirement for syndication after this season.

19. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I gotten to like it a lot more than Once Upon a Time. Even tho, I still watch both regularly.