1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSN picture problems during ads

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by tnsprin, May 25, 2009.

1. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    Not sure if this problem is GSN's feed, Dish's processing, or my setup, but recently when watching GSN the picture during ads is extremely jerky during ads. Stuttering back and forth during the display of any motion.

Viewing with a ViP622 outputing at 1080i component to a CRT based Rear Projecting HDTV. Problem doesn't appear to occur during the show or with any other channels I have been watching.

2. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    This might actually be the first time i've heard anyone on this forum admit they actually watch ads! Let alone complain about the picture quality during said ads! :lol:

3. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    My mother likes watching the game shows live, even though they often are many years old on GSN. Some are more than 30 years old. I can never convince her to DVR the program and watch it later. And I noticed it when working in the same room.

I was worried more that it might be a sign of more problems with picture quality in the future, especially with those channels that Dish feels it can steal bandwidth from and perhaps with the encoding of things on the fly. Assuming that the programs themselves are already saved as MPEG2 and the commercials are being insserted.

4. catnapped

catnapped AllStar

Dec 14, 2007
    I'm not sure if it's related, but GSN has been having a lot of transmission and programming issues during the past week or so, supposedly due to their moving their on-air facilities to a new location.