1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guest Room Receiver

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by DJPellegrino, Apr 22, 2009.

1. DJPellegrino

DJPellegrino Godfather

Nov 17, 2005
    Does DirecTV have any issues with getting an HD receiver for a guest room and then activate/deactivate it for when guests arrive? I figure if I activate it, I will at least have to pay for 1 months worth of service for the activation.

2. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    If it's a leased box, they will want it back ASAP when its deactivated.

3. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    Boxes have to be returned within 30 days after deactivation or a non return fee will be applied

4. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    HOWEVER... if you buy an older, owned receiver (like a D10), you can activate and deactivate it as you like. You will need to get the Receiver ID and call DirecTV to make sure that it is owned, not leased, and that there is no outstanding balance on it, before you buy. Then you'll need to order a new access card for it from DirecTV ($20). Make sure when you call to activate it that you stress that this is an owned receiver, and the CSR should have no problem activating it that way.

5. DJPellegrino

DJPellegrino Godfather

Nov 17, 2005
    I, guess, the 5.00 per month to keep it running isn't that big a deal. Thank you for the responses....