1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide Change = Cancelled Sharks/RedWings Recording

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by flogduh, Feb 12, 2010.

1. flogduh

flogduh Legend

Nov 3, 2005
    Did this happen to you? It did to me, it's not the first time and I'm pissed.

I set up to record the game on 698-1 about three days before the game, just as it first showed up in the guide. I go home from work last night, get home about 7:30pm to watch the recording (game began at 4:30 pm PDT) and the received isn't tuned to 698-1. Not a good sign I think to myself, well, maybe the game ended early? I go the the list to start the recording and lo and behold, no recording on the list. I check the history and it says recording cancelled due to a programming change. WTF? Programming change my arse! I turn the channel to 698-1 and the Postgame show is being shown. Missed one of the best games of the season.

I am so fricking sick of constant guide updates that cancel my set up recordings on the -1 channels. I guess I have to resort to setting up manual recordings on the -1 channels instead. Even then, you can't be certain which -1 channel it will appear on, either 698-1 or 699-1....:nono2:

2. JohnDG

JohnDG Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    Happens to me all the time. The nnn-1 channels programming gets dropped and re-added constantly, so you lose your recording request. This often happens when they correct the duration from 6 hours to 2 1/2 hours.

Safest is to setup a manual recording for the nnn-1 channels: these are unaffected by guide changes.

jdg