1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Guide is a hour behind.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by BubblePuppy, Mar 11, 2012.

1. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    I woke up at 4:00am (3:00am body time) and noticed the guide time is correct yet the shows that are displayed in the guide are a hour behind.
    Stupid time change.

Update: Just completed 2 menu resets to flush the guide. The shows displayed are still a hour behind.
    I'm curious how this might affect SLs until the guide catches up to the displayed time.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    What model Receiver/DVR do you have? Tivo-based DVRs with older software have a known Daylight Savings Time bug.

3. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I don't know. Dish's guide also.

4. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    HR20-700
    I haven't checked the HR23-700 in the bedroom.

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    All 3 of mine had guide data that jumped to 3am at 2 am...so no issue on 2 HR22 and 1 HR20 here...

6. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Double check the Clock setting under Settings > Display to make sure Daylight Savings has been set to Auto.

7. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    The guide time was correct. It was the program listings that were off by a hour. Everything seems to be synced now. Probably a delay in the guide data getting updated.

8. Fraaaak

Fraaaak Legend

Jul 13, 2009
    happy new daylights savings time - 2013, and DirecTV still can't get it right - go to the schedule on their own site, and it is still an hour behind, also screwed up on my receivers

9. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It wasn't DirecTVs issue. It had to be Tribune's. Just not sure how often the online guide is updated.