1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

H-24 not turning on

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by patg25, Oct 20, 2013.

1. patg25

patg25 AllStar

Nov 12, 2006
    Hi Everyone

I have a H-24 receiver that is no longer turning on. Started a little while ago. Neither attempting to turn the receiver on from the remove or front panel works. The only option I have is to disconnect power and then connect it back. The receiver goes through its power on sequence and turns on normally. Everything works again for a while.

I have the Power Savings turned on. I suspect that it's keeping it from turning on. For now I turned it off and will see what happens.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
    Pat

2. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I did have this problem with my C41 a long while back. I also had to turn off the power saver and then do some sort of hard reset. I've never had any "H-" receivers, so I can't speak to this, but I'm sure Peds or HoTat or one of the other gurus will come along and advise more thoroughly.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Here I come. :righton:

Make sure the HD receiver is not plugged in to one of those "smart" power strips.