1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H20-100 HDMI out problem signal loss.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by pathogen, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pathogen

pathogen New Member

Oct 12, 2007
    I just bought another tv today. All of my connections up until now have been component. I tried hooking this one up via HDMI using multiple h20-100's and different cables and the screen would flicker between the picture and signal lost. I found a link in the FAQ on dtv's site that said this happens when you use the HDMI connection sometimes. Has anyone has this happen and if so, how was it resolved? Did dtv replace it? I just want to know before I call and berate a human as to what I can expect.

Thanks in advance.

2. ccr1958

ccr1958 Hall Of Fame

Aug 29, 2007
    the only time i had probs with
    an hr20 & hdmi i had lost sound completely...
    i ended up unplugging the hdmi from the tv...
    then doing a reset of the tv.....after the tv reset
    i plugged it back into the power & then connected
    the hdmi & turned on the tv..it has worked fine since

3. pathogen

pathogen New Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Yeah I tried that when I called the TV tech support line to see if they've heard of it before.

4. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006

Which TV do you have??

5. pathogen

pathogen New Member

Oct 12, 2007
    google Phillips 47PFL7422D
    Its the first result.
    Can't post links yet.

6. HD AV

HD AV Legend

Nov 22, 2006
    Try turning the TV on with that input selected, but not connected. Have the H20 on and connect the HDMI. This is not a recommended practice, but it corrected a friend of mine same problem with HDMI and his cable box. It has to do with the handshake. If this does not work, be sure to try another componet on the same HDMI input and see if the problem persists. If it does, return the TV and get a replacement. You might also want to try another HDMI input if the TV has more than one.

7. ccr1958

ccr1958 Hall Of Fame

Aug 29, 2007

excellent idea :)

8. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    There are problems with the HDMI on some Philips TVs - they have developed firmware fixes for these. Check on the Philips web site, you can download them from there..

9. pathogen

pathogen New Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Awesome sauce I tried that yesterday but apparently it was the wrong firmware. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.