1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H20 and hi def locals

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by theslag, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theslag

theslag Cool Member

Oct 14, 2004
    With this new reciver..do you need the 5 lnb dish to get the hi def locals?? also, do you need to sub to the HD DEF package to get the locals in hi def??

Thanks!!

2. DTC mac

DTC mac Legend

Oct 23, 2005
    Yes, you need the AT-9 dish to receive the HD LiL channels.

3. theslag

theslag Cool Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Do you currently have this set up??

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    If you are in one of the cities that has their HD LiL channels up, yes you need the AT9, lots of people have this setup so ask your questions and I'm sure you'll get responses...

5. DTC mac

DTC mac Legend

Oct 23, 2005
    My AT-9 will be going up as soon as the weather stays dry for more than 3-4 days. The AT-9 is required as HD LiLs are/will be on the new Ka band satellites at 99 and 103 which the Phase III dish does not receive.

6. theslag

theslag Cool Member

Oct 14, 2004
    I have a hi def 52 rear project tv that i had for 3 years but never had hi def on it. I want to go hi def but i do not want the hi def package, i feel that there isnt enough on it for the 11 bucks a month. All the good shows for me are on the locals and HBO esp for Tony and the boys, coming back this March!

How is the difference in the locals going HD, I am assuming the only HD you will get is when the show is in HD??

Direct said that they would give me the equipment (sans rebate), install and 5 buck a month credit to cover the second receiver that I will have on one tv, the other receiver is a TIVO. I have to go with a two year agreement, thats cool, but i have to check if they want me to get the HD package. If so, I guess I will be keep the SD signal to my tv...

what do you all think, am i making a mistake????

7. mssturgeon

mssturgeon AllStar

Dec 8, 2004
    Are you close to your broadcast towers?

If all you're after is local HD, why not pick it up free with an antenna? the quality will always be better over-the-air than anything transmitted via satellite.

- Shane

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.