1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H20: HDMI and Component concurrently?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Clint, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clint

Clint New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Hi. New guy here.

I've connected my H20 to my living room TV via HDMI. My projector in the basement has only DVI and component video inputs.

I assume I can run component cables to the projector and display the same thing that's showing upstairs. Am I wrong about this?

Also, will I be able to then use a second remote in RF mode from the basement while still using the first one upstairs in IR mode?

Thank you.

2. hamltnh

hamltnh Cool Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Yes, all the H20 outputs (video and audio) are active simultaneously, so in theory you could hook-up 4 display devices (HDMI, Component, S-Video and Composite) with no problem.

Re. remote modes--the H20 is either in RF or IR mode, but not both simultaneously. If the receiver is in RF mode, it ignores IR input signals. You could use IR mode and use an IR repeater for the basement.

3. Clint

Clint New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Then I'd assume I could also set it to RF mode and use two seperate remotes, right?

4. hamltnh

hamltnh Cool Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Assuming they were both the same type of DirecTV remote, that's true. I'm not sure a different brand of remote/universal remote/etc. would work, even if it was RF capable. You'll have to try the RF mode from the basement to make sure that it works since the range of the RF mode is dependent on walls/obstructions/interference, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.