1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

H20 - how to get to az and el info directly

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by BennyGregg, Aug 7, 2011.

1. BennyGregg

BennyGregg Legend

Jul 17, 2009
    We often take our H20 with us in our RV. I usually lookup AZ and EL information before we go, or I've got an application on our laptop that gives that. But, sometimes I'd like to that information from the receiver by entering the zip code.

Is there some keypress combination that goes to the "enter your zip for AZ and EL info" page directly without having to re-start the receiver all the way?

2. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Go to menu, satellite, then repeat sat setup

3. BennyGregg

BennyGregg Legend

Jul 17, 2009
    But unless the receiver gets a signal and is working, that menu is not available - the setup menu choice is available, but no restart receiver choice - it just takes you to the satellite signal strength charts. And the reason I might need to re-check AZ and EL is when things are not going well.

4. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    I thought it was? When it's on the search for sat signal screen, hit exit, then menu then setup then satellite then repeat sat setup. Correct me if I'm wrong though

Kevin

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    I find it easiest to just look up the aiming coordinates at http://www.dishpointer.com. They also have some excellent aerial mapping tools for your exact location. And for $20 you can buy a Smartphone App that lets you see where the satellites are located using the phone's camera.

6. BennyGregg

BennyGregg Legend

Jul 17, 2009
    Thanks for helping me out. What happens on mine is if it is searching for signal, and you press Menu, it has a Setup choice... but when you choose Setup, it only takes you to the satellite signal strength charts. If, however, you press Exit first, then Setup, you have the full Setup menu choices, including Repeat Satellite Setup.

Thanks again.