1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

h20 issues cant view hd channels signals are great

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by rodpalma, Sep 18, 2013.

1. rodpalma

rodpalma New Member

Sep 17, 2013
    hello guys need some help here. I got a swm system and a h20 receiver. I got cable going from the lnb to the swm odu "power to swm" port and the ird cable port going to a band stop filter. that cable going to the sat in on the receiver. I'm i setting this right? I could only view sd channels as soon as i change it to hd my receiver freezes and reboots? Signals are great. Thank you

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Is this your only Receiver connected to that dish? You don't need the stop band filter then.
    How is the H20's Video OUT connected to your TV?

3. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    If the receiver is freezing and rebooting it sounds like it may be going bad. Is it a model H20-600 by chance? Those have flaky power supplies, and you see them freezing randomly prior to them dying completely.

Either way, decoding the HD signal likely takes just a tiny bit more power which the power supply can't provide, which is why it seems to do work on SD channels.

4. rodpalma

rodpalma New Member

Sep 17, 2013
    It is the only receiver connected to the dish. I tried without the band stop filter and its the same. I have it connected with HDMI.

I do have an H20-600. I have another h20 thats collecting dust. Is changing the power supply easy to do?

5. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    I've never tried to change the power supplies in them, H20-600s are all basically junk so they aren't worth spending any time on. H20-100s on the other hand are rock solid in my experience. If your other one is that model deactivate the 600 and activate the 100.

Or call Directv and tell them your receiver no longer works for HD, they will replace it.

1 person likes this.
  6. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    GET A GENIE HR44 !!!!

:up:

(and I don't even have one yet, LOL!)

1 person likes this.
  7. rodpalma

rodpalma New Member

Sep 17, 2013
    I replaced the power supply and it worked. :righton: Looks like i had a bad power supply. Took like ten minutes to replace. Thanks for the idea.