1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

H20- Picture Quality on Local Hidefs...Bears vs Panthers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by rollingstone, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollingstone

rollingstone Cool Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Hi All,

I live in the SF bay area where we have had audio sync problems on local HD FOX, but today the picture quality is very bad...over compressed...on HD FOX. Does anyone else notice this?

Oddly I'm getting the FOX channel OTH in randomly (I live in Santa Cruz mtns) and the signal looks good when I get it. The signal on the CBS/ABC local HD is good.

Phoned directv and then said they would log my complaint.

-Glen

2. cesart

cesart New Member

Jan 15, 2006
    I had the same problems the past two days during their playoff broadcast. I am glad to know it was just not me. It seems weird since I am not having any problems watching other Hi Def shows on Fox. It looks like it may be a problem unique to the Bay area since I saw highlights on ESPN HD and the picture looked perfect.

3. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    For what it's worth....

The game didn't look that good from sitting in the stands either... :(

4. rabit ears

rabit ears Legend

Nov 18, 2005
    Sorry about the Bears Dood - but they would have lost to whomever they ended up playing from the AFC anyway. Now you have two extra free weekends.

Regarding picture quality, I was going to ask if anyone noticed how bad the OTA signal was from KTVU. Like most in the Bay Area I didn't get DNSwaivers for FOX and was compelled to watch the local broadcast. I even played with the 480i/1080i option to clean things up. Didn't have any dropouts, but a very fuzzy picture.

5. f300v10

f300v10 Legend

Feb 11, 2005
    PQ here in Atlanta via. D* MPEG4 was very good, identical to OTA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.