1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H20 RF vs. IR Mode: Say It Ain't So

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by shoeheel, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoeheel

shoeheel Legend

Oct 15, 2006
    I have 2 R15's with remote control that works in RF and IR mode at the same time? I went to program the RF on my H20 and found out that it would not work simultaneously with IR. Can this be true? Am I doing something wrong. Frustrating!!!

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    Nope, that's the way it is, sorry.

3. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    That is true, unfortunately.

4. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Alas, this is something that does not work.

5. shoeheel

shoeheel Legend

Oct 15, 2006
    Is it a hardware issue? If not, is there any chance of getting DTV to fix it? Also, how do we make sure they don't downgrade my R15's in a future software release?

6. batrad

batrad Legend

Aug 18, 2003
    Really mising this feature..wanted to use the D* Remote in another room to watch shows on my HR21 (output over UHF modulator) while using the Harmony in the living room. Would not work.. will have to invest in an IR Transmitter :-(

Wish they would enable this feature

7. final_thrill

final_thrill AllStar

Jun 5, 2006

Can you suggest such a device? I would like to run my HR21 in RF mode, but my harmony remote only runs in IR mode.

8. Smuuth

Smuuth Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2005
    There are many of them on the market, do a Google search for "remote control extender". :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.