1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H20 software upgrade keeps happening

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kevinjd, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevinjd

kevinjd New Member

Mar 2, 2006
    I just got the H20 installed on Tuesday, and later that day it asked to switch channels to upgrade. I clicked ok. This has happened multiple times and the upgrade % never increases. It seems that it is trying to download the same upgrades, any thoughts on what is happening and how I can get it to truly get the upgrades finished? Thanks.

2. Clemsole

Clemsole Godfather

Sep 8, 2005
    Washington...
    Try a full shutdown and restart. Turn off the power and waite a a minute or so and then power it backup and see what happens then.

3. tsbrady1

tsbrady1 Legend

Jan 6, 2006
    mine did this for 2-1/2 days before it finally did the update, I actually called D* and they sent me a new box, but the following morning they upgrade "took" so I sent the replacement box back when it arrived. Others have posted similar experiences.

4. DaveTinNY

DaveTinNY Legend

Nov 8, 2004
    Interesting... During the upgrade, my H20 just sat there for a long time at some % of completion and then it finally zoomed through to completion. It took a long time as I just sat there and watched. Like watching paint dry...

5. digibob

digibob Legend

Dec 1, 2005
    My H20 Did the same thing.:nono2: I had to keep resetting it to factory default just to get it to work. Every hour it would ask to change the channel. I said no as long as I was watching it. It kept trying to upgrade but never worked. I call D* a number of times about this. The last time they finally said they would send me a new receiver.

Once it came I hooked it up and let it do the upgrade. The % bar finally worked and it has worked great ever since.

My old receiver also ran hot all the time too. The new one is nice and cool.

Call them and get another receiver.

Good Luck,
    Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.