1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H20 Upconverting???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by TheMoose, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMoose

TheMoose Icon

Jan 20, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I just got my H10 replaced with a H20 & noticed something while setting it up.
    If I turned the native resolution off & cycled thru the formats using the button on the remote & set it on 1080 strech, crop or pillar box my SXRD shows it's receiving a 1080i signal even on non HD programing.

Is the H20 actually upconverting the signal to 1080 or is it just showing whatever resolution it's set to??

2. dvdguyjt

dvdguyjt AllStar

Apr 22, 2002
    It will upscale the other channels to 1080i or 720p depending on what you set your box to. Personally, I prefer the upscaling because it smooths the crummy SD picture a bit.

JT

My Blog -- Click Here

3. Stephen M. Smith

Stephen M. Smith Legend

Feb 24, 2004
    The H20 can't output 480i (the native resolution of SD channels) via component or HDMI, so it will upconvert those even if you have Native selected.

4. qpskfec

qpskfec New Member

Mar 22, 2006
    480i on component works fine on my H20. My TV doesn't display 480i via HDMI, but I am pretty sure I saw that working on another TV somewhere.

5. theandies

theandies Mentor

Feb 8, 2006
    Hummmmm I have something to check tonight, thanks

6. Stephen M. Smith

Stephen M. Smith Legend

Feb 24, 2004
    You could be right. I know my H10 didn't output 480i on component, and I thought I saw others report same behavior for H20. But I could be wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.