1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H21 & AM21 Compatiblity

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by foothill17, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foothill17

foothill17 Mentor

Mar 17, 2007
    I recently had a problem with a Samsung TS160 receiver which DTV replaced with a H21-700. This left me without local HD channels since DTV doesn't provide them and the tv in that room doesn't have a HD tuner in it. I called DTV and they provided a AM21 tuner to go with the H21, unluckily at no charge but this leaves me still without HD since the receiver and AM21 aren't compatibile. I've been lucking in the CE forum and see that the latest CE release includes the feature to make these units work together. So here's my question: Since the power cord on the AM21 isn't a standard two prong cord, how do you power the AM21? I assume that the AM21 will plug into the back of a HR unit but there isn't any AC power out on the H21. Any ideas?

2. PokerJoker

PokerJoker Godfather

Apr 12, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Huh?? You unplug the existing power cord from the receiver and plug it into the Am21. Then you plug the short AC jumper cord coming out of the Am21, back into the receiver. It was done this way specifically so that you would not need to run a second power cord.

Don't forget to connect the USB cable between the two. And of course the OTA antenna lead.

Keith

3. foothill17

foothill17 Mentor

Mar 17, 2007
    Thanks actually I'd looked at the setup again and realized that was how it had to be. How I hope it doesn't take to long for DTV to make the firmware happen. Thanks again.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Please keep all discussion of pre-release software in the Cutting Edge forum. This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.