1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H21 died replaced with H24

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jimmie57, Jan 11, 2017.

1. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    My son's H21 died yesterday. Day before I had to reset it with the red button. Red button was no help yesterday. No lights , nothing. I unplugged it for a few minutes and still nothing.
    I took my HR24 to his room and hooked it up to the same cable, power, etc. Works.
    I tried hooking up the H21 where the HR24 was. Nothing.

I called for a replacement and told them what all I had done. She still had to read the script.
    She then told me that the replacement would be here in 2 to 5 business days. Wow, that is a long time to ship a small item. Asked it I wanted tracking and I said sure. The tracking number showed up in my email about 10am this morning.
    It was picked up in Fort Worth, TX yesterday evening, arrived to League City, TX early this morning and showed to be on the truck out for delivery for today.
    Receiver was here about an hour later. Less than 24 hours after ordering it.

Removed my HR24 from my sons TV, installed the receiver and then went online to activate it. Piece of cake for sure.
    Reinstalled my HR24 and all is right in my world again.

No protection plan , I paid the shipping for the receiver.
    The H21 was 8 years old and is not recoverable, neither is the card.

paranoia and Rich like this.
  2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Good to hear Jimmie.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    That's how it should work. Thanks for sharing!

4. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    They will likely send an envelope for the card within a few weeks. Don't discard it.

5. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I specifically asked about the card because when I deactivated my HR24 in the bedroom they did want the card back.
    It will stay on the shelf in the closet for a few months for sure.

6. paranoia

paranoia DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 12, 2014
    New England
    Good for you !! sounds so smooth.